- Lottery Ticket Fee for 1 ticket: 20 GBEN
- Single User Lottery Entry Limit: No overall limit, but only 10 tickets can be bought at one time through the UI
- Paying for one ticket will give users a random 4 digit combination with each digit being between 1-14, e.g. "1-9-3-2"
To win the lottery jackpot (50% of the entire lottery pool), users need to match all 4 numbers on their ticket in the exact same order as the 4 winning numbers.
If you don’t match all 4, no need to worry. As long as you match 2 or more numbers in the correct order, you are guaranteed to win a prize.
For example, if the final 4 winning numbers are "1-9-3-2"
- "2-3-9-1" = match 0
- "1-9-3-2" = match all 4
- "1-9-2-2" = match 3
- "2-3-3-2" = match 2
- "1-2-1-2" = match 2
- Match all 4 numbers in the exact order = win 70% of the pot (or split the pot if more than 1 winner).
- Match 3 numbers in the exact order = win or split 20% of the pot.
- Match 2 numbers in the exact order = win or split 7% of the pot.
- Burn the remaining 3% of the pot.
Please note - in the event that no participants were able to win a price pot on any draw, the amount allocated to winners will then be passed to the next round.
Each full lottery session is completed every 3 days, with the timings as below:
Day 0, 3 AM - Day 3, 2 AM (UTC)
An example of a lottery session starting at Day 0, 3 AM (UTC) is as below:
Phase 1 - Buy Tickets (Day 0, 3 AM to Day 3, 2 AM)
- You have 71 hours to buy tickets.
- The lottery total price pot will accumulate at the top of the page with each ticket bought.
- Users will receive a ticket (comprised of 4 digits) for each 250 GBEN paid.
Phase 2 - Lottery Draw! (Day 3, 2 AM)
- The 4 winning lottery numbers are drawn and will appear on the page.
- Each participant’s winnings will be automatically calculated based on their ticket numbers and shown on the page.
- Users can claim winnings if they have any.
- Users will also be able to see the lottery results: How many users matched all 4 numbers, 3 numbers, and 2 numbers.
Please note - Users don't have to claim winnings before the next round starts. They can claim winnings of the past rounds at any time.
Phase 3 - Celebration and Sharing (Day 3, 2 AM - Day 3, 3 AM)
If you won, congrats! Share with your friends or in our community groups.
The next lottery starts in 1 hour!
The lottery aims to be completely random. Even though the ticket numbers given out are determined by a front-end logic, there is an extremely low chance that anyone is able to determine the 4 winning numbers ahead of time.
- The 1st lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainders of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the number of participating users at the entry deadline.
- The 2nd lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainders of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the total pooled GBEN balance at the entry deadline.
- The 3rd lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainders of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the timestamp of the last lottery participant at the entry deadline.
- The 4th lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainders of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the block difficulty at the entry deadline.